Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Denial is a guest at the house

Denial knocks quietly at the door. You don't quite hear it at first but you recognize his knock because he's been here before. Denial is a quite guy. He really doesn't ask for much, just not to be bothered. In fact he'll serve your needs quite well. The problem is, Denial often brings his friend Complacent.

Complacent is a dangerous one. He will sneak in your brain and he can make you feel self satisfied and won't let you aware of any danger that arises. Between Denial and Complacent you can't trust what they say, and the things you really want for yourself and home become distant dreams.

Complacent was with me at my work for five years. I knew that there was nothing good left for me at my job. The joy had been drained and sucked out. And truly, there have been a lot of other visitors in my house since. I guess it's part of the project. The downfall about the risk is that it was risky, but at the same time there was everything to gain.

Currently I am working to get Denial out of my mom's house. She has a multitude of Celiac symptoms. A laundry list for sure, and doesn't want to get tested. She has accepted that life has been like this and will be. Currently, I'm working to find out where these genes came from. Or maybe, like the teasing went from my parents because of my blue eyes and fair hair, they did pick me up in aisle three...right next to the gluten.

No comments: